Note: This post is sponsored by Hamilton Beach, however, all recipes and opinions are my own.
I finally made cauliflower rice, which has been on my “to-make” list for way too long. I know, I’m behind. But I finally made it, and it will be made a bunch more!
From someone who looooves the texture and nuttiness of brown rice, cauliflower rice isn’t going to taste exactly like it, but it will still be darn good. It is great for sopping up sauces and has that crumbly, chewy texture. Plus, it fits all of your healthy eating New Year’s resolutions!
I used Hamilton Beach’s 14 cup Dicing Food Processor which made this SO unbelievably easy to make. Keep reading to find out how you can WIN this food processor!
This guy is fairly large but it can dice, slice, shred, knead, chop, mix AND puree. Once you have this, you don’t need anything else. I also love that the blades have a storage case, keeping all fingers and toes safe!
I tore the cauliflower head into 5-6 pieces, and this thing just diced and shredded it right up.
This food processor made cauliflower into ‘rice’ SO easily. Like, stupid easy.
It must have taken under 2 minutes for me to rip the cauliflower head, place in the spout, and dice it all up.
Because I have been on an Asian food kick, I made fried rice and it was very delicious. It wasn’t the exact same as eating fried rice from a restaurant, but this is a whole lot healthier and provided me comfort and satisfaction.
I actually ate this for lunch AND dinner, and then finished the rest for breakfast. Never a bad time for cauliflower fried rice! :)
You will simply add veggies, sesame oil, soy sauce, eggs, a few garnishes… and you’ve got yourself a meal!
How to win:
Do the following to be entered to win this 14-cup food processor!
- Subscribe to my newsletter (upper right column on page, see “Subscribe to TFF”).
- Head on over to Instagram and follow me, @thefreshfind.
- “Like” the Cauliflower Fried Rice photo.
- And tag 2 of your cooking buddies!
I will choose a winner on Wednesday 1/25/17, via random number generator. I will contact the winner with direct message from Instagram to receive shipping information. Product will ship from Amazon. Good luck! UPDATE: Congratulations to Jessica M. for winning the Hamilton Beach Food Processor!
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 T. ginger, diced
- 5 cups grated/diced cauliflower (about 1 large head)
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 4 T soy sauce, low sodium (or coconut aminos for gluten-free)
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 stalks green onions
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER:
- Grate/shred cauliflower in a food processor into a "rice".
- Using paper towels, absorb as much moisture as possible by squeezing and patting the rice.
- Place cauliflower on a large pan and roast for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. (Helps lose some more moisture)
- FOR THE FRIED RICE:
- In a medium/large pan, heat coconut oil. Add ginger and garlic, sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice, carrots, and peas. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Salt to taste.
- Make a circle in the middle of the rice, add 3 scrambled eggs. Once eggs are cooked through, mix into rice.
- Serve warm and add green onions for garnish!
- Optional: add firm tofu or chicken breast for extra protein!