I know Overnight Oats are probably not new to you, and I am waaaaay behind on posting about them. With today’s smashed avocado and cloud egg craze, this might as well be a throwback post.
Overnight oats are a staple in my life and I wanted to make them a mainstay on The Fresh Find. They are so easy, filling, healthy and delicious that we sometimes need to be reminded about them. Plus, they are pretty darn good lookin’, right?
Oats require a simple base of oats, milk, yogurt and Chia seeds. Although I can eat overnight oats plain, it’s fun to switch up the varieties. I created a few different varieties and I am sharing my top 6!
Recently, I got a new job and have been traveling and on-the-go quite a lot. I enjoy these oats and home and on the road! When I am traveling, it is challenging to work out consistently and eat healthy (sooo hard to say no to Italian pasta dinners and wine!). I go through ups and downs with my health, but it is super key for me to start my day off right.
I pack rolled oats and Chia seeds, and hit the grocery store when I arrive to get Greek yogurt and milk. With just those simple ingredients, I can ensure I pack in some morning nutrition.
Below is the ingredients and instructions for the base of these oats. Prepare these the night before, and use some of the variations listed below!
Overnight Oats – base
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a mason jar, mix/shake well, and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
- The following morning, add fruit, nuts, honey, and spices of your choice! Here are a few of my favorite variations.
Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
- Add 1/2 banana, sliced, and 1/4 cup blueberries
- Top with honey, if desired. (I always desire)
Chai Spiced Overnight Oats
*my favorite variation!!
- Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp ground cardamom and 1 tsp condensed milk.
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Add 1/2 banana, sliced, and 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Add honey, if desired
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Slice 1 medium apple into thin slices. In a bowl, mix slices with 2 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a pan. Add apple slices and allow to simmer in butter for 4-5 minutes, until softened and caramelized.
- Once apple slices are cooled, add to oats with pecans.
Strawberry Coconut Overnight Oats
- Toast shredded unsweetened coconut at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, or until slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Add 3-4 sliced strawberries and toasted coconut.
Pomegranate Pistachio Overnight Oats
- Add 1/4 cup pomegranate arils and 1 tbsp crushed pistachios.
- Add honey, if desired.
These are just a few ways to change up your overnight oats. You probably noticed there are 7 varieties in the photos – the last one is a coffee/mocha cacao variation. I am still working to perfect the coffee taste with the Greek yogurt. If anyone has any tips, I’d love to hear them!
What is your favorite way to eat overnight oats?