I made this Asian Chicken & Veggie Zoodle Casserole with tons of fresh veggies, chicken and some of my favorite asian sauces. It was a nice change up from my typical stir fry and it was so easy to make!
It’s not your typical “casserole” – I used zoodles instead of rice, and used Asian flavors instead of a creamy/cheesy sauce. It was an odd combination but we were super happy with how it turned out. It’s paleo, whole30, full of veggies and protein, and delicious!
It has been awhile since I posted, but through friends, a few podcasts, and a transition to Chicago, I was inspired to start up again. I kept hitting various road blocks, and it took some time, but I reflected on these road blocks, and slowly overcame each one. I started cooking and photographing a few months ago and remembered how much I enjoyed it. The Fresh Find will, by no means be perfectly ‘on brand’, it may be a random mix of recipes and travel, and I will mostly likely have technology issues (thanks EJ!). But I’m back, and I hope you continue to follow along!
Last year, I did a Whole30 – I didn’t quite make it the whole way, but I did learn a lot about my eating personality. Since then, I often cook Whole30 approved meals, and do “Whole5″s, which mean, Sunday through Friday afternoon I am Whole30. After work on Friday, I get some wine and don’t monitor as much over the weekend. It is a great way to get back on track, and fun for me to try new recipes!
I often make asian stir fries with soy sauce, sesame oil and coco aminos. I needed to change it up a bit, and opted to try the asian flavors over zucchini noodles and as a casserole. I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised!
Tip #1: Spiralize the zucchini and lay them on paper towels for about 20 minutes, to soak up some of the moisture
Chop up all your veggies and spiralize the zucchini. Layer the zoodles, the chicken, then the stir fried veggies. Then, add the sauces, egg and milk – then bake!
Tip #2: Cook and shred the chicken in advance to save time!
I hope you try this recipe, and let me know what you think!
For whole30: use coco aminos for the soy sauce, omit the sesame oil.
- 10 oz chicken, cooked
- 2 cups broccoli
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coco aminos
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Spiralize 3 zucchini, lay on bottom of casserole dish.
- Pull and shred the cooked chicken into small pieces, layer on top of spiraled zucchini
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, coco aminos, chili garlic sauce and sesame oil.
- In a pan, heat avocado oil. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broccoli, sliced bell peppers, and any other veggies of choice. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes, then add soy sauce mixture. Mix and stir fry for 1-2 more minutes.
- Pour stir fry in the casserole dish, on top of chicken.
- Whisk eggs and coconut milk in a bowl. Pour mixture over the stir fry.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees, for 40-45 minutes, until eggs are cooked through.