Before I left Los Angeles, I had a great dinner party with just the best company. Between the delicious, (and sneakily potent) sangria, the appetizers and main courses, the cherries and banana boats, we were very full and very happy. Oh, we had a blast.
|Matt and I cooking away!|
For this post, I’ll share the starting appetizer recipe from Matt. He taught me how to make his Bruschetta (with an Italian flag twist), and it was fantastic.
Italian style Bruschetta
- 1 loaf French baguette
- Olive Oil
- Mozzarella balls
- Balsamic Vinegar
|sliced tomatoes and avocado awaiting|
|Matt hard at work|
Doesn’t that look delicious?! Here is a preview of our entire feast. Keep posted for the portobello mushroom recipe!
– Italian-style Bruschetta
– Roasted Eggplant and AsparagusMains:
– Grilled Chicken and Peppers
– Black Bean and Corn Quinoa
– Spinach and Salmon Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
|Black Bean and Corn Tri-Color Quinoa|
– Banana boats
– Sangria made by Jordan and Kelsey (which actually made for an appetizer, dinner drink, and dessert!) This might be the best sangria I’ve had, topping the ones I had in Spain. Very well done guys!