I recently fell in love with coffee flavored cookies so I wanted to try to recreate them myself. The recipe I used calls for espresso powder, but since I didn’t have any on-hand, I used instant coffee. The coffee flavor wasn’t as strong as I would like, so I’ll have to retry it with espresso powder.
I absolutely love oatmeal in my cookies. I’ll add them, no matter what, to any cookie recipe because it makes them so much chewier! This recipe already had a good amount of oats and they turned out very oat-y, just how I like them!
Espresso Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 24 Cookies
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon espresso powder
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups oats
• 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Add egg, until incorporated, then add vanilla and espresso powder, continue to mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and oats. Add into wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into balls and place 2 inches apart onto a greased or lined baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
They turned out amazing. I couldn’t stop eating them, especially when they came right out of the oven. They were perfectly crispy on the outside, and melty, chewy and soft on the inside. I will definitely make these again soon!
(Visited 163 times, 1 visits today)