These gluten-free banana bread muffins are so delicious and fluffy. Made with oats, almond flour, bananas, and a few other simple and healthy ingredients!
I hopped on that banana bread train. Nothing says quarantine like the smell of fresh baked banana bread, and eating one or two (or three? four?) too many muffins right out of the oven. We have to stay sane somehow, right?
These banana bread muffins are now our go-to recipe. I love the nutty walnut crunch and the dark chocolate chips for added sweetness.
Of course, I had to make muffins over bread. Sorry, but muffins > bread. Anyone else?
For 1. Why wait 45 long minutes for bread, when you can get muffins in 20 minutes? 2. Who can resist a crispy muffin top?! I LOVE MUFFIN TOPS. My past roommates can vouch that I used to eat only the tops of muffins and leave the rest of it for anyone else. Whoops!
This recipe is adapted from my friend, The Baker Mama. She has an amazing 5 ingredient Flourless Banana Bread recipe that we made a few times. This time, I made a few additions – almond flour, cinnamon, walnuts and chocolate chips.
These banana bread muffins are amazingly fluffy and delicious. Plus, they are healthy and made with just a few ingredients!
- Made with minimal ingredients (9, if we’re counting)
- Gluten-free with oats and almond flour
- Only sweetened with honey (and of course a dab of chocolate chips)
These gluten-free banana bread muffins are SO EASY to make. You just need to add everything into a food processor or blender, and blend away. That’s it!
These won’t last long in your house. Especially during quarantine. We had to pace ourselves, but still, all of them were gone within 24 hours. Whoops!
What have you been baking during quarantine? I’d love to hear your favorite recipes that are keeping you sane!
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Muffins
These Banana Bread muffins are so delicious and hearty, making for the perfect morning pick-me-up or dessert. They are made with minimal ingredients and gluten-free!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey (liquified)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, halved
- Place everything, except the chocolate chips and walnuts (if using), in the blender. (Bananas, almond flour, oats, eggs, honey, baking soda, cinnamon)
- Blend and puree until well mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Pour into lined muffins tins. (optional: top with additional oats and chocolate chips.) Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.