Voting for the H-E-B Meal Maker challenge has officially begun!!! If you don’t know what this challenge is about, click here.
This week’s feature ingredient is HEB Salsa. I chose the Green Chile Tomatillo Salsa, because who can resist green chile anything? Definitely not me.
I made these delicious crockpot Green Chile Salsa Chicken Tacos. Who has made salsa chicken in a crockpot? It is, hands down, the EASIEST meal to make and is so flavorful and delicious.
Our recipes for the challenge are supposed to be made in under 30 minutes, but the use of a crockpot was acceptable as long as prep time was under 30 minutes. Annnnd let’s be honest, throwing 3 ingredients into the crock took a whole 5 seconds.
I can’t stress how easy to make these tacos were. I threw the chicken in, and left it while I was at work. Wow did my apartment smell amazing when I came home. Plus, I had a healthy dose of protein for an entire week!
Top your tacos with avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, or whatever your heart desires. The chicken stays tender with the slow cooking and the juices blend so well with the salsa. The salsa wasn’t too spicy, so to add an extra kick, I would throw in a jalapeño or fresh green chile next time.
The votes are taken by amount of pins and re-pins on Pinterest. Click HERE to vote/pin. You will have to register, pin the contest, and then you can pin certain recipes! (cough cough, The Fresh Find!)
Plus, when you re-pin, you are eligible to win a share of $1500 in prizes! If you don’t have a Pinterest account, go register! Also, if you want to, you can re-pin this picture here, to help spread the word :) But the official votes are taken from heb.com/meals.
I’m so excited that the challenge has begun! I can’t wait to share the other recipes with you. Everyone, thank you so much for your support. Since last week’s post, a lot of people have reached out to me. I really love to cook and share it; I’m so touched by all the support and encouragement.
Now for the recipe!
Green Chile Salsa Chicken Tacos
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours (in slowcooker)
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 16 oz HEB Green Chile Tomatillo Salsa
- 4 raw chicken breasts
- 1 packet (1.25 oz) McCormicks Taco Seasoning
- 8-10 Mission Whole Wheat Carb Balance Tortillas
- Optional toppings: tomatoes, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, jalapenos, cheese
1. Lay the chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock.
2. Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over chicken.
3. Top with HEB Green Chile Tomatillo Salsa.
4. Cook on high for 6 hours, or low for 8 hours.
5. When you return home, take two forks and shred the chicken to bites, keeping it in the sauce.
6. Place chicken in tortillas and top with your choice of toppings.