These Grilled Shrimp Tacos are topped with Mexican Street Corn Salad and the perfect backyard summer dinner! They are unbelievably juicy, full of sweet corn, and a kick with Sriracha mayo!
We’ve been reminiscing on our days in Austin and how much WE MISS AUSTIN TACOS. Torchy’s, Veracruz, and Tyson’s, are our most frequented, but there are too many delicious options.
However, these tacos were SO GOOD and temporarily cured our hankering for Austin tacos. I quickly grilled the shrimp (which is possibly the easiest thing ever), and added this Mexican Street Corn Salad, almost as a salsa.
I also whipped up some Sriracha mayo for an added kick and WHOA.
Here’s how to make these tacos:
First, marinate the shrimp for 15 minutes. Skewer the shrimp and grill about 1-2 minutes per side.
Marinate the shrimp in olive oil, garlic and chili powder. You’ll see two different marinades below. I tested out 2 styles of marinade, however, the garlic/chili powder was clearly the winner.
If you are making the Mexican Street Corn Salad at the same time, you can grill the corn alongside the shrimp. However, I would recommend making the corn salad ahead of time, so you can eat your shrimp fresh and hot!
Combine the ingredients of the Mexican Street Corn Salad.
Ideally, make the corn salad in advance, so the shrimp can be fresh off the grill.
Don’t forget the added cilantro, avocado and jalapeño!
Make the Sriracha Mayo
I use 1 tbsp mayo to 1 tsp sriracha. We typically stick to that ratio, as it is enough punch for us. If you like it spicier, up your ratio of Sriracha! We also used Primal Kitchen’s Garlic Aioli Mayo for a cleaner and whole30-friendly mayo!
I place this in a small ziplock bag, and snip the corner to create the perfect drizzler.
Heat up the tortillas and top with grilled shrimp, Mexican corn salad and Sriracha mayo!
And voila! You’ve got your juicy grilled shrimp tacos with a delicious sweet, crispy corn salad, and a nice kick of sriracha. Enjoy!
Looking for something else?
Grilled Shrimp and Mexican Street Corn Tacos
- 8 tortillas
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 24 shrimp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups Mexican Street Corn Salad (see note)
- 1 tbsp Primal Kitchen Garlic Aioli Mayo (or mayo sub)
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- cilantro, lime for garnish
- Marinate the shrimp: combine olive oil, minced garlic and chili powder. Place in a bowl or ziploc bag with shrimp. Marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Combine Primal Kitchen mayonnaise with Sriracha. Spoon into a ziploc bag corner, and snip the very tip of the corner.
- If not already made, make the Mexican Street Corn Salad. (see note for recipe link)
- Preheat the grill.
- Skewer the shrimp, 3 shrimp per skewer. Grill over high heat for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Warm tortillas on grill or open fire gas range.
- Top warm tortillas with 3 shrimp and 1/4 cup of Mexican Street Corn Salad. Drizzle with Sriracha mayo and additional lime and cilantro, as needed.