I saw these santa hat brownies on Pinterest from Daisy’s World, and fell in love! I had to try to copy them and make them for our holiday party.
I decided to make these strawberry brownies with cream cheese frosting instead (my favorite!) I made a few other alterations to her instructions…
1. Make brownies according to package and let cool
2. Wash and gut out the strawberry stems. Slice the top of the strawberry so there is a flat surface.
3. Cream cheese frosting
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, reduced fat
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 c. confectioner’s sugar
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
By hand, cream the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in the vanilla, then mix the confectioner’s sugar gradually until well-blended.
4. Cut out the brownies in circular shapes. I used a small cup, and a spatula to get them out. Also, using a plastic knife, instead of a metal knife, prevents the brownies from sticking to the utensil!
5. Place the frosting in a ziploc bag, and cut a small hole in the corner. Squeeze a big dollop onto the brownies. Push the strawberry on top of the frosting to mush it out to the edges to make it look like a santa hat. Squeeze a tiny bit on the tip to top it off… voi-la!