Why are sweet potatoes SO good?! They are one of my house staples. They are super simple to make, loaded with vitamin A and antioxidants, packed with energy fueling carbs, and taste just so darn delicious!
I usually have a stash of pre-cut sweet potatoes in my fridge, so I can quickly roast them post workout or add them to a meal like this Sweet Potato Hash!
This is my favorite breakfast to have on the weekends. I like to wake up, eat a little bit of food, go workout, come home and make this hash. The perfect Saturday morning.
I toss these babies in the stove with a spritz of coconut oil and while they are roasting, I stir fry some onions, garlic and veggies. Then, I set the veggies aside and make eggs over easy, or these perfectly sunny side up eggs.
I top the freshly roasted potatoes with veggies, an egg, avocado and a dash of salt and pepper.
And voila! Sweet Potato Hash!
Brunch is served in no time at all– and it’s vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo friendly! Plus, you saved yourself about $17 at the restaurant– I’d estimate this meal cost me only $2.10 per plate.
What’s your favorite way to serve up sweet potatoes?
Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil spray I use Trader Joe's
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 Organic eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop sweet potatoes into 1/2-1inch cubes. Spritz with coconut oil.
- Roast sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until slightly roasted brown.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, sauté olive oil, onion and garlic.
- Add broccoli, spinach and other veggies of your choice. Set veggies aside.
- Cook eggs over easy, sunny side up, or style of your choice.
- Top sweet potatoes with veggies, egg, avocado, and a dash of salt and pepper!