I hope everyone is having a delicious and great holiday season! I have been eating my little heart out and I am in need for something light. I whipped up these Eggplant Parmigiana Stacks and they were AMAZING.
Super simple and light, but full of flavor from the roasted eggplant and Parmigiano Reggiano!
I looooove roasted eggplant– I can devour an entire roasted eggplant in one sitting. Probably not my greatest talent, but hey, it’s like candy to me.
Once the eggplant is roasted, you just need to work in layers, like lasagna. Also, like lasagna, once all the prep is done, the rest is SO easy!
I used, yet again, the delicious savory Parmigiano Reggiano in these Eggplant Parmigiana Stacks. Don’t be shy with the Parmigiano, it adds so much flavor and comfort to the eggplant!
I layered the eggplant with marinara sauce, parmigiana reggiano and basil. Just those four ingredients can create a whirlwind in your tastebuds!
Disclosure: I received complimentary Parmigiano Reggiano to include in this recipe, however, all opinions are my own.
Eggplant Parmigiana Stacks
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce of choice
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano shredded
- 1 small handful fresh basil chopped
- Salt to taste
- Slice eggplant into thin rounds.
- Lightly coat with coconut oil and a dash of salt
- Lay slices flat on a roasting pan. Roast eggplant at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes, flipping halfway through. Rounds should be slightly browned.
- Allow eggplant rounds to cool.
- Once cooled, place eggplant round on a plate, top with marinara sauce, top with Parmigiano Reggiano and basil. Continue to layer until desired height.
- Enjoy at room temperature, or pop into the oven for 10 minutes (at 350 degrees) for a warm appetizer!