During my blogging hiatus, I have fallen in love with making crostinis. They are so easy to make, are a perfect bite-size appetizer, and are quite pretty.
On Valentines Day, my girlfriends got together and we enjoyed these little guys. My roommate made an unbelievable batch of enchiladas (which will hopefully be shared soon), and we devoured those. Of course, we had to make some dark chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! Yes… I totally snuck in Chia seeds in the strawberries.
I paired took two of my favorite combos (1) strawberry+balsamic and (2) strawberry+basil and it was amazing. I added goat cheese (of course) and the tartness is a perfect combo with the sweetness of the balsamic and strawberries.
- Baguette (I prefer whole-wheat or multi-grain)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb. Strawberries
- 1 bunch Basil
- Balsamic Reduction
- Slice the baguette into discs of desired width
- Brush olive oil on each side
- On a roasting pan, toast bread at 375 degrees until browned (about 10 minutes)
- When bread is cooled, smear goat cheese on each disc.
- Top with strawberry slices, chopped basil and drizzled balsamic reduction
DJ HukeeSeptember 1, 2014 at 9:47 am
I love these appetizers. Had them for the first time this weekend and now will be making them for our block party. Looked for a recipe and found yours! thank you