I’ve made spaghetti squash with meat sauce countless times. It’s a staple recipe in our household. It is so easy to make, and a perfect healthy dinner during the week!
This spaghetti squash with meat sauce is so easy, that the hardest part is halving the squash! Haha. Please be extra careful when you do this.
The simple how:
- Halve the squash and bake
- While the squash is baking, stir fry the meat with choice of sauce and veggies
- “Pull” the squash and serve!
Friendly for anyone doing:
- Gluten free
- Whole 30
To “pull” the spaghetti squash, simply stick your fork in (face down) and pull across the inside of the squash. You know how you have to rake your lawn in the Fall? Imagine you’re raking the squash :)
What is your favorite way to eat spaghetti squash?
Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground turkey or meat of your choice
- 1 jar of pasta sauce find one with no added sugar
- 2 cups chopped broccoli or veggies of choice
- Optional: pesto chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Halve spaghetti squash (hot dog style). Brush avocado oil on the insides of the squash.
- Place squash face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 min.
- While squash is baking, stir fry meat in a shallow pan. (You may want to add a bit of cooking oil first). When meat is just about cooked, add chopped veggies. Stir fry for 2-3 more minutes.
- Pour in sauce, once heated, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes
- Remove squash from the oven. Using a fork (and maybe an oven mitt), 'pull' the fork through the squash to get your threads.
- Serve sauce on top of squash threads, top with pesto and parsley, if desired!